Who may not be a good fit?
- Those seeking help with budget coaching or debt management.
- Individuals or couples who have assets outside the United States or are not residents of the United States.
- Those who want advice about relocating to a country outside the United States.
- Those who cannot either travel to an office or use Zoom for virtual meetings.
- Business owners who have employees or partners
- Individuals seeking advice about rental real estate investment, cryptocurrencies, or direct interests in privately owned enterprises
What happens when I schedule an Initial call?
When you schedule the initial call, you complete the Getting Started Questionnaire. I email you with a Zoom passcode for the initial call.
What happens after the initial call?
If there seems to be a fit, we schedule a no-fee Get Acquainted meeting. I ask you to complete a Financial Data Questionnaire and send a list of information to have available for the meeting. The information usually includes but is not limited to tax returns, paystubs, and statements for your mortgages or debt and investment and retirement accounts.
What happens during and after the Get-Acquainted meeting?
We discuss your financial resources, obligations, and goals and how we could structure an engagement to address your objectives. After the meeting, I email a written proposal outlining the time required for the engagement, the expected number of meetings and expected deliverables with the proposed fee based on the time required. If you accept the proposal, I send a client services agreement reflecting the proposal for your electronic signatures.
What happens when I sign a Client Services Agreement?
I provide a list of information for you to upload through a secure link. When you have provided the information, I prepare for our first meeting and we schedule the meeting.
How do clients pay you?
At the end of the engagement, Garrett Investments Advisors emails an invoice to you; clients use a link in the email to pay by checking account debit through the Intuit Payment Network. I do not accept credit card payments.
What happens after the initial engagement?
Clients often schedule annual updates for their financial plans. If we have a one-time agreement, we create a new agreement which may be one-time or ongoing. Clients who have an agreement for Investment Supervisory Services provided by Garrett Investment Advisors are required to have meetings at least annually. The fee for updates is based on the time required at my hourly rate.